Saturday, May 2, 2020

"We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Lately, I was impressed with a thought, "Share the Book of Mormon daily."

The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ (the first witness of Jesus Christ is the Holy Bible). The scripture in my title comes from 2 Nephi 25:26 in the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I am writing this blog for my children. I hope it will become a resource for them in the future.

Nephi, in the above scripture, identifies the purpose of his writing and teaching. I want my children to have no doubt about where we find salvation. Salvation is in Jesus Christ and in Him alone.

The voices of the world are sly and sophisticated. Those who are better-dressed and well-educated will mock at the doctrine of Christ. My children, these things are true. One of the greatest witnesses we have of Jesus Christ is The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

Produced by a 23-year-old third-grade educated farmer from Upstate New York, this book fits the definition of a marvelous work and a wonder. This book has been the reason your ancestors were gathered from the United States, Canada, Great Brittain, Scandinavia, Italy, Switzerland, and other lands. The coming forth of the book is a sign that Jesus Christ has set his hand again to gather His people! It is a marvelous work and a wonder. By this book, the wisdom of the world's wise men shall perish and the learning and understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. I testify to you before God and before His holy angels in heaven that the Book of Mormon is true! I know this from God. I believed these things before I knew them but the day came when I knew and I knew that I knew, and I knew that God knew that I knew and I cannot deny it, neither dare I do it! I have had my doubt removed on this matter.

My children, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! Jesus Christ personally and literally appeared to Joseph Smith in the year 1820. He did in very deed appoint Joseph to this work! I know that this is true! Joseph was chosen at a tender age, and God prepared him, line upon line. Joseph was not perfect! None of us is, but we are called to do great things for the Lord--all of us. The miracles and wonders done and prophesied in the scriptures are to be done by us. Humility before the Lord will give us great power.

In Helaman chapter 10 in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, we learn a priceless truth: God rewards His children who declare His word with unwearyingness. My children, let us be as tireless as we can in declaring God's word to the world! As we do so, God will bestow upon us great power.

No comments:

Post a Comment